Monday, May 20, 2013

Happenings

Let's see, let's see...what's been going on in my life lately?  *This post will be very random.

I went to several baseball games last week, which were super fun.  Ordered tickets today for a minor league game this weekend, too.  Speaking of this weekend, I'm going on a mini-vacation to the mountains.  Gonna go hiking and such.  I know I just went on a vacation, but my boss is on vacation in Europe right now, so the timing of that and Memorial Day weekend coming up just kind of worked out.

My flower sprouts I transferred to a couple of bigger pots about a month ago seem to be dying before even budding. :( I think they've been getting too much sun, or I probably should have put them in bigger pots. My green thumb has gotten rusty!

I did a lot of straightening up around the apartment this weekend--namely getting my closet and clothes drawers in order.  I finally packed my winter clothes away, which freed up a lot of room.  It has definitely warmed up enough now--there were quite a few days in April that were downright cold!

A good friend of mine from high school is going to be representing Mississippi in the Miss USA pageant coming up on June 16th!  Her name is Paromita Mitra, and she's the total package.  She is BEAUTIFUL and BRILLIANT.  She's majoring in Aerospace Engineering at Mississippi State University.  A beauty queen who is also a rocket scientist?  Y'all better vote for her here to get into the top 16 for the pageant!  Not that I don't think she'll get in through her own merits, but the vote will just be extra insurance. :)

I'm currently watching coverage of the tornado destruction in Oklahoma today.  The pictures and footage are just heartbreaking.  So scary and so sad.  Adam went storm chasing in that general area with some friends of his, but he tells me that he is okay.  My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who has been affected!  This makes me very thankful that no one died in the tornado that hit my hometown of Hattiesburg back in February.

I hope everyone has a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment