Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Gift Haul

Christmas has come and gone, and I had a pretty nice few days back at home. Here are a few things I got from various friends and family:
  • Various clothing items and shoes I already picked out on Black Friday that mom decided to save for Christmas presents.
  • Three new travel coffee/tea mugs- MUCH needed. You don't even know.
  • Perfume- Ed Hardy Hearts and Daggers and Coach Poppy. The Poppy set also came with a 4-piece mini Coach fragrance set. It's safe to say I'll be smelling good in the new year.

There's no doubt that the most special gift I got this year came from my parents. They gave my brother and me a memorial stone for our late cat, Smokie. She passed at the end of June and was almost 14 years old. Cats get a bad rap, but Smokie was part of the family and was definintely my favorite part of growing up. Nothing can match the bond between a person and his/her pet. And, now I'm teary. 

One more very important Christmas wish granted: Went to my annual back doctor appointment (long story short, I have some messed up discs), and he said that, since I haven't had any trouble lately, I don't have to come back unless I need to. Hooray!

I'm very grateful for all the gifts I received. I hope everyone had a great holiday! New year's is coming up, and I'll be spending it in Memphis with some good friends. I have a feeling 2013 will be exponentially better than 2012. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment