Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 2012 Favorites

I'm always on the hunt for things that make life easier, more fun, better, you-name-it. So, I bring you my favorites, in a variety of categories, for the month of December.



Fitness
  • "You Can Do Pilates" DVD- It may seem kinda lame to do a beginner's exercise DVD, but even though my back doctor has given me the green light, I do still have to be careful. This DVD has been really great. I feel more fit, and I can tell my muscle tone is improving. I definitely plan to keep using this program into the new year. Better than sitting on the couch!
Food 
  • Green tea- I grew up hating hot tea, and now here I am, loving it. Guess it's true that our tastes really do change!
  • Hummus- More like yummus (sorry, had to). I recently found my favorite brand, Athenos, on sale at Kroger for buy one, get one FREE. Score!
Home
  • Slatkin & Co. 3-wick candle in "Cider Lane" from Bath & Body Works- I've been obsessed with candles this entire year, but this one has been my favorite by far. Described as "...a delicious fall blend of mulled cider, warm caramel, and sweet cinnamon," this is truly the perfect autumn candle. (A tip about B&BW candles: they retail for about $20.00 a piece, so always try to catch them when they go on sale for 2 for $20.00.)

Beauty
  • Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in "Walking on Eggshells"- I'm a fan of neutral eyeshadows, and these are fantastic quality at a very low price.
  • Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub- Love this stuff. From the bottle: "Gently scrubs away impurities that can build up in pores to improve complexion for fresh, clear skin". I especially love that it is made of 94% naturally-derived ingredients. 
  • Birchbox- I've been a Birchbox subscriber for a year now, and I'm loving it. Birchbox is beauty and lifestyle subscription service which sends out 4-6 samples of higher-end products each month. My mother gifted me a subscription last Christmas, and I've discovered so many great new brands and products through them. This Christmas, I decided to buy myself a subscription so I can stay in-the-know! If you're interested in Birchbox, check it out here. (If you want to subscribe, make sure you do so via my link! I'll get referral points for the Birchbox shop!)

Music
  • Xmas song! "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" Judy Garland version- Classic.
  • "The House I Grew Up In" by The Weeks- Fun.
  • "Locked Out of Heaven" by Bruno Mars- I would not call myself a Bruno Mars fan, but I saw him and his band perform this on SNL a few weeks back, and it was a PARTY. Can someone give me tickets to a Bruno show?
  • "You Know Me" by Air Traffic Controller- Sweet.
  • "93 Million Miles" by Jason Mraz- Makes my heart swell. Video below!


So that's it! What were some of your favorites this month? I hope everyone has a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment