Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Happy 2013! I'm so ready to see what awaits in this new year. As always, I've made a few resolutions/goals for myself. I don't remember if I've ever actually stuck with a new year's resolution...which probably means that I haven't. But hey, there's something to be said for trying!

  • Lose weight. I know I'm not alone for setting some health resolutions. I would like to lose a considerable amount of weight this year. I'm tired of feeling uncomfortable in my clothes and my own body. Also, my back doctor always tells me that losing weight will put less stress on my spine. So, for the sake of my overall health and well-being, I'm going to try to exercise more regularly and eat less fast food. 
  • Journaling. I bought myself a neat Christmas present that I am going to try to use everyday this year. It's called the "Q&A a Day 5-Year Journal". There are 365 pages with a question and 5 spaces for answers on each page. The idea is to go through the entire journal in one year answering the different questions, then repeat it for four more years. Some example questions are: What's your favorite television show? What's in your fridge? What do you think is your biggest shortcoming? What is your mission? I just thought it would be a really cool way to keep track of how much life can change over the course of a few years, whether it's pop culture trends or personal growth. 
  • Openness. Speaking of personal growth, I would really like to have a more positive outlook this year. I want to be more inclined to say "yes" to opportunities that come my way. I have a habit of not letting people get to know the real me, and you know what? Not only am I doing myself a disservice by acting this way, but the world is also missing out on this really awesome girl in the mirror. I would like to be more open in 2013.  
  • Blog. Last, but most definitely not least, I want to make sure I keep up with my regular posts for this blog! I know I haven't been doing this for very long, but I have been sticking to my twice-weekly posts. I'm enjoying it. :)
 
Bring on 2013!!!
 
PS. I just realized most of my posts have been this in this bullet-point style. I hereby resolve to change it up in the near future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment