Monday, January 28, 2013

My Television Addiction

Like most people in this technology-driven society, I'm kiiiiiind of addicted to television.  I've narrowed it down to 5 of my favorites to discuss a little bit.


Pretty Little Liars- My love affair with PLL was instant from the very first episode back in 2010.  What's not to love?  Beautiful people involved in an intricate mystery.  Love!  Death!  Intrigue!  Way more dramatic than my high school years ever could have hoped to be. 

Nashville- A new series, but that doesn't make me love it any less.  Yes, I love the different story lines, but I love the music more!  I've already bought a lot of the songs in the iTunes store.  If I spend my hard-earned money on something, you know it's a big deal.

Parks & Recreation- I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there that Amy Poehler is a comedic genius.  Granted, I already knew that from her years at SNL and in several movies, but I seriously love this show.  And, I love that a really funny woman like Amy (first-name basis because I wish we were besties) is having so much success.

Parenthood- Here's a show that makes me cry with each episode.  While a huge, dysfunctional family is something with which I can't personally identify, the situations these family members have faced are very relatable and are portrayed in such a real way.  Team Braverman!

The Mindy Project- Another really funny woman with her own successful show!  I've been reading Mindy Kaling's book, and her personality definitely comes through in her writing.  I hope this show stays around for a long time. 

Other favorite tv shows of mine include: New Girl, Saturday Night Live, The Office, 30 Rock, Bunheads, Revenge, Smash, and Modern Family.  Hm.  Just realized that almost all of these are either female-driven or comedies.  Guess I know my genre of choice, now!

What are some of your favorite TV shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment