Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 2013 Favorites

I can't believe January is already over!  Time just goes by way too fast.  Here's the list of things I've been loving for this first month of 2013.

Health:
  • Vitamins- As a part of my health kick in this new year, I've started taking daily multivitamins and a Super B Complex.  And, I love it.  I have a lot more energy than I used to.
  • "Q&A a Day" journal- Falling under the mental/emotional health umbrella, I've really been enjoying using this journal as a tool for self-reflection.
Food:
  • LUNA Bars- These nutrition bars come in a variety of flavors, and they're all delicious.  These aren't meal replacement bars, just a healthy snack bar.  The packaging says they're specially formulated for women, though I have no idea how.
  • Mueller corner yogurt- Finally, a kind of yogurt that I don't dread eating.  My favorite is the granola variety.
Fashion:
  • Scarves- A cold weather must! They can add the perfect amount of warmth to an outfit in addition to be snuggly and cute! My scarf collection has grown exponentially in the last few years...
  • Skinny jeans- I know I'm a few years behind on the skinny jeans trend.  However, I haven't really felt confident enough in my body to pull them off until now.  At least, I hope I'm pulling them off! Haha
 Beauty:
  • Batiste Hint of Color Medium/Brunette Dry Shampoo-  This stuff is AWESOME.  Most dry shampoos leave a white, powdery film in my brown hair that can sometimes make 2nd day hair feel even worse than it already does.  BUT, this product is tinted to blend in with dark hair. AND it has a faint caramel corn scent. AND I found it on sale at TJ Maxx.  Need I say more?
  • Cover Girl Clump Crusher mascara- While not as volumizing as some of my favorite mascaras, this new addition to the LashBlast line has really impressed me.  It seriously leaves your lashes with no clumps and very natural-looking.  Thumbs up.
  • Cover Girl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm- Another new Cover Girl product and the latest in the new beauty trend of jumbo lip pencils.  Sheer color and a silky, smooth texture. My favorite shade is "Blush Twist".
Music:
  • "Come On" by Ke$ha- Not a huge Ke$ha fan, but this song gets me singing along.
  • "Up Against the Wall" by Fiction Family- I heard this song on the radio a few weeks back and just KNEW I knew the voice. Surprise: It's Jon Foreman, formerly of Switchfoot. Love.
  • "Nancy From Now On" by Father John Misty- I can't really explain why I love this song. I just do. It just hits me in a good place.
  • "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis- How can you NOT dance around like a fool when this song comes on?? (Video is below, and it's not censored. Just a heads up!)


 

Hope y'all had a great January!

No comments:

Post a Comment