Monday, February 4, 2013

February No-Buy

Ever feel like you're drowning in all of your junk?  My obsession interest with all things beauty in the last year or so has sort of exploded and gotten out of hand.  I have way more products than a normal person needs or should have.  So, I'm going to enforce a "No-Buy" on myself for the month of February and participate in a Project 10 Pan of sorts.  Project 10 Pan is the practice of using 10 items in your beauty collection--whether it be makeup, lotion, shampoo, perfume, etc--as much as possible until you either "hit pan" in the case of makeup or use them up completely.  One rule: No new purchases until these items are empty!  I'm also going to try to use as many of the free samples I've accumulated. 
After going through all of my stuff, these are the 10 items I'm going to be using this entire month:

1. Body Butters


Lord knows I have too many kinds of lotions.  I have two different body butters (The Body Shop Shea Body Butter--this is a mini size-- and Lavanila Vanilla Coconut Healthy Body Butter) that are either almost gone or halfway gone, and I want to try to use them up completely.  I figure it's best to use these this month since they are very thick and hydrating for winter skin.


2. Fragrances


I have a sample size of Forever Red by Bath and Body Works and a small Sexy Little Things Noir body mist from Victoria's Secret.  So, if you happen to wonder what I'm smelling like this month...there you go.

3. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer in Fair to Light

This is a great tinted moisturizer.  I'm almost finished with it anyway, so this project will give me an excuse to use it up completely.

4. CoverGirl Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder

I've already hit pan on this one; I just want to finish it.

5. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends sheer highlighting blush in Pure

Love this stuff.  I've actually had it for a really long time.  Kinda surprised it's not gone yet. 

6. Neutrogena Healthy Skin brightening eye perfector in Fair

I'll be honest: I don't love this under-eye concealer/highlighter.  Let's use it up and get rid of it, shall we?

7. CoverGirl eyeshadow trio in Shimmering Sands

Pretty, neutral shadows. 

8. Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eye Liner in Lionfish

Definitely one of my favorite eye liners of all time. Looks beautiful on blue eyes!

9. Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes in Very Black and Brownish Black

Awesome Great Lash formula, but the rubber bristle wand is why I love these.  I've had these for a while, so it's time to use them up.

10. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

My attempt to pick just one of my jumbo lip pencils and stick with it for a while.


So that's it!  No online shopping, no trips to the drugstore (except in case of emergency).  Wish me luck.  Of course, my birthday is in March, so I will probably lift the No-Buy for that, but I want to keep my shopping/spending habits in check from now on.  No more splurges!  Except in the case of a really great sale.  Yikes, maybe I actually do have a problem!

Had to sneak in a quick Nail Of The Day! "Kendal" by Zoya. Pretty grayish lavender--perfect for February!

No comments:

Post a Comment