Thursday, February 14, 2013

Birchbox: February 2013



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!  I'm not usually a fan of this holiday, but this year has been pretty wonderful.  I got my Birchbox relatively early this month!  Which is especially amazing since some of the boxes shipped late due to all of the recent snow in the Northeast.  This month's theme is "Red Carpet Ready".  Let's take a peek at what I received, shall we?




Jouer Matte Moisture Tint: From the info card included in the box, "This SPF 15 oil-free tinted moisturizer blends in beautifully to even out skin and control shine."  



In February of 2012, I received the Luminizing Moisture Tint from Jouer, and I loved it.  When I discovered they had a matte version, I desperately wanted to try it.  Very excited to receive this sample!  I do wish the sample size was bigger (it's 0.07 fl oz), but if it's anything like the LMT, a little goes a long way.  Unfortunately, the full sizes of these products are quite the investment ($38.00).  That's pretty much the only thing keeping me from buying both.

Juicy Couture Couture La La: "Roll out the red carpet for this new scent, a stunning mix of mandarin, red currant, lily, and orange blossom."  




While my favorite Juicy perfume I've smelled is still Viva La Juicy La Fleur, this one is pretty nice.  It definitely reminds me of Clinique Happy.  Very citrus-y.  Spritz with caution. 

TIGI Catwalk Session Series Transforming Dry Shampoo: "Master stylists always have this oil-busting dry shampoo in their kit. It leaves behind a tousled, piecey finish."  

 

For me, dry shampoo is a beauty product category that is either hit or miss.  I haven't tried out this particular sample yet--I'm saving it for the weekend in case it doesn't work out.  But, I'm excited to try it nonetheless! And, I can always use it for travel if it isn't stellar.

Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: "This exfoliating cleanser uses professional-grade (read: effective) microderm crystals and papaya enzymes to brighten skin."  Sounds fancy.  I've used this once so far, and I like it.  

 

It really does have a very fine texture that feels like you're giving your skin a thorough polishing.  Plus, this is a huge sample size, so it will last me a while.

**It should be noted that this box also included a caramel Ghirardelli Square that was consumed immediately upon sight. :)

I'd say this was a pretty great Birchbox month for me.  I'll definitely use everything I received.  Interested in signing up for Birchbox yourself? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment