Monday, March 18, 2013

A Change Would Do You Good

It blows my mind just how much life can change.


Growing up, I was never a fan of change.  I didn't understand people who didn't seem to care when people or situations weren't what they once were.  

It's been about a year to the day since my life and future plan changed drastically.  And while much more has happened within this past year, these events were just tests of my character and strength.  I like to think I've come out stronger and more self-assured than I once was.  Maybe that's why I didn't like change before, because I was worried I might not be strong enough to pass the tests that come with it.  Well, now I know I'm more than capable.  Isn't it funny how it sometimes takes hitting what we think might be rock bottom to realize how all of our qualities, good and bad, are what makes us each an awesome individual?  I'm just so thankful for everything I've learned about life and about myself this past year. 

Something else I've rediscovered amidst times of change is faith.  I hold onto the hope that whatever we go through is meant to happen--that it's all part of the grand scheme.  I like that thought very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment