Thursday, March 14, 2013

Love/Hate

I have such a love/hate relationship with dieting.  I love the idea of getting healthy and slimming down, and I love it even more when I see results (which I HAVE!).  However, sometimes it is pure torture having to resist the foods I love and crave.  Earlier this week, I walked out of my office to go to lunch, and the smell of burgers and fries from the restaurant just down the street wafted my way.  My stomach screamed "I want THAT!"--figuratively, of course.  My one saving grace that has kept me from being miserable is the weekends.  I do my weekly weigh-in on Friday mornings so that I can relax the diet a little on Friday and Saturday.  If I didn't have some cheat days thrown in my routine, I'd go insane.  I don't want to feel like I'm depriving myself, and let's be honest, everybody needs a french fry fix every now and then.  So, I get really excited about food on the weekends!  Haha.  I know I should be trying to have more of a "this isn't just a diet; it's my new healthy lifestyle" mindset, but purposely giving up pizza and Chinese takeout sure sounds like dieting to me.  It's really hard not to give into my cravings, but I've made up my mind to lose weightThe taste of that Sonic Oreo Blast is not worth the future health problems or feeling crappy about oneself.

Since I don't weigh for the week until tomorrow, I can't give an exact number of pounds I've lost.  But, I can say that I'll be hitting the 10lbs-lost mark soon.  My clothes are starting to hang a little more loosely on me.  It's exciting!  I'm proud of myself, and I hope to continue the journey toward a healthier me.

1 comment:

  1. Um, firstly, congratulations! You are amazing!

    Also, your blog is the most adorable. I miss your face and this is totally like hearing you talk!

    ReplyDelete