Thursday, June 13, 2013

Birchbox: June 2013

Long time, no blog!  Sorry about that, I suppose.  What better way to get back in the swing of things than checking out what I received in my Birchbox this month?  June's theme is Wanderlust.  (By the way, totally loving Birchbox's brand redesign.)  Interested in learning more about the service?  Click here!


Oscar de la Renta Something Blue: "The brand's latest scent, a lovely blend of mandarin and linden blossoms."  While this does smell a bit mature for me, I do like it. I haven't found myself reaching for it since receiving my box on Monday, but that's mainly because it's in a vial that doesn't spritz. Full size: $85, sample size: $1.50.


Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk: "Beloved by celebs, this award-winning oil-buster revives second-day styles." I'm always down to try a new dry shampoo.  The one I got from TIGI in my February Birchbox was sooo wrong for me.  That almost made my hair even more oily.  I have higher hopes for this one! Full size: $18, sample size: $5.96.


Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lipstick: "This user-friendly pencil is a goof-proof way to score high-impact lips."  This product can double as a cheek stain as well.  I got the shade Cheeky Kiss, and I actually like the color a lot.  Very wearable for me.  The only thing that confuses me is that the product I received is a jumbo pencil that will need to be sharpened, while the product shown on the Birchbox website is a twist-up crayon.  That's my only gripe, and it's only because I'm lazy and hate sharpening makeup pencils. :) I did receive a full size of this product, which is worth: $26.55.


Twistband Birchbox Nautical Hair Tie Collection: "Seaworthy hair ties that will charm even the landlubbers among us."  Another Twistband as the Lifestyle Extra. I don't ever use these as much as I think I will. Though, I did have to smile at the anchors.  Sorority throwback, what up.  I would have been ALL about this in 2007/2008.  Full-size (pack of 6): $14, one band: $2.33.


Birchbox + Color Club Wanderlust Collection: "Exclusive neon pastel shades inspired by four of our favorite cities." I received the shade Reign in Spain, a neon coral, yet it is still soft.  I would have rather gotten the lavender shade in the collection since I already have plenty of coral polishes, but there's no way Birchbox could have known that.  Full-size: $8, sample-size: $4.


The box also included some seriously cute postcards, illustrated with scenes from four cities around the world.  I'm thinking about framing them.  Is that weird?  Whatever.

So! The total value of my Birchbox this month is.......*drumroll*......... $40.34!  Well done, Birchbox.  Not only did I get some cool things, but the value far exceeds the $10 cost for the service.  What did you get in your Birchbox?


No comments:

Post a Comment