Monday, April 29, 2013

April 2013 Favorites




Am I the only one who felt like April just dragged on and on?  Here are my favorites for this long-ass month:

Food
  • Progresso Light creamy potato and bacon soup:  SO delicious, and only 4 WeightWatchers points per can. 
  • Lean Cuisine Paninis: I've been eating these like it's going out of style.

Beauty
  • Self-Tanning: For fair-skinned people like myself, it's not so easy to get a real tan from the sun.  Usually, I just end up burning to a crisp, which is not good considering I have a family history of skin cancer.  So, I rely on self-tanning products during the warmer months of the year.  This year, I've been loving the Jergens Healthy Glow moisturizing lotion and Neutrogena mist. 
  • Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Cuticle and Nail Moisture Treatment Pen:  This keeps my cuticles hydrated, and I do really think it helps make my nails grow.
  • CoverGirl & Olay Eye Corrector: This yellow-toned undereye concealer helps hide darkness, and the Olay moisturizer swirled throughout helps hydrate. 

Fitness
  • New Balance sneakers: I got these for Christmas, and I've been loving them for going on walks as the weather has gotten warmer.

Fashion
  • Pointy-toed black flats from Old Navy:  I got these for my birthday back in March.  I had to wear bandages around my Achilles tendon/heel area for the first several times I wore them to break them in, but I'm getting to where I don't need to do that anymore.  I always love a good black flat, and these feel sophisticated.  Especially now that they don't make me bleed. :)
  • Jeans: Since I've started losing weight (14 pounds so far!!), my clothes are fitting much more loosely.  I've even been able to fit into some jeans that had not seen the light of day in a LONG time. :)

Music
  • "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake- I seriously JAM to this in the car when it comes on the radio.  Sure to get a lot of plays on my iPod.
  • "If So" by Atlas Genius- Adam introduced me to this band a couple of months ago, and like clockwork, the local college radio station has started playing them.  Listen below! :)
  • "Song for Zula" by Phosphorescent- I don't know why, but I love it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment