Monday, April 22, 2013

The Quickest Way to Make Me Hate You

We all have our pet peeves, but there is one thing a person can do that will send him/her straight to the top of my "Can't Stand" list.  And that, my friends, is the act of treating me like I'm an idiot.  Sometimes it's the way something is phrased, but usually it's the tone in which it's said.  That kind of tone like the person talking to me is just SO far above me and better than me that they couldn't possibly be wrong...you know the one?  That kind of attitude which is all the more infuriating when you know for a fact that you're right.  See, I work for a real estate attorney, and we deal with a lot of older realtors who think that because they've been in the business for years, they hardly ever make mistakes.  I know I'm young, and I do respect my elders.  However, I will lose that respect in a heartbeat if you treat me like I'm just some throw-away person who brings nothing to a situation.  I'm smart, thank you very much, and you will get no favors from me if you don't at least recognize that.

So sorry to rant--it's just been a rough Monday.  But really, aren't they all?


No comments:

Post a Comment