Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Birchbox: April 2013

I missed my Monday post again!  I had a stomach ache, sue me.

This month, Birchbox partnered with Women's Health Magazine for the theme "Tiny Tweaks, Big Results".  If you are interested in Birchbox, click here to learn more!  Let's take a look at what I received for April.



Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle: "Great for all hair types, this nourishing elixir performs seven hair-healing functions. Among them: locking in color, adding shine, and instantly detangling." Full-size $21.95, Sample size $2.74
This stuff smells SO freakin' good.  Very coconut-y.  I like.  And, it does a great job of detangling my hair and making it feel super soft and shiny.  I don't know if this is typical, but mine was really hard to get the spray mechanism going at first.  The product itself is pretty thick in the bottle, so I had to add a little bit of water to thin it out so that it would spray. (Also, my nail polish is definitely orange...dunno why it's showing up pink.)

Caudalie Divine Oil: "Made with a blend of grape, argan, hibiscus, and sesame oils, this multitasking wonder gives skin, hair, and nails a gorgeous glow." Full-size $49, Sample size $1.47
I always hear very nice things about Caudalie, and I feel like this was a coveted sample among Birchbox subscribers this month. So, I feel lucky to have received it!  So far, I've only used it on the ends of my hair after it has dried to smooth things out and hydrate my locks.  As with most oils I've used, a little goes a long way!

LAFACE Laboratories BEAUX YEUX Beautiful Eyes Concentrate Intensive: "A hefty dose of hyaluronic acid amps up moisture levels, while an advanced peptide complex halts wrinkle formation." Full-size $160 (what!!), Sample size $16

This is definitely the most expensive sample I've received from Birchbox.  I've been using this for the past few days, and I really like it.  It's not as thick as some other eye creams I've tried, and even though this is a small sample, you don't need to use much.  The first time I used it, I kind of felt like it tingled, which made me think it must be working.  Or doing something, at least.  Ha!

Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream: "This next-generation CC cream provides corrective coverage and triple protects against UVA, UVB, and infrared-A rays." Full-size $32, Sample size $2.03
The BB cream craze has escalated into a CC cream craze.  These products are supposed to be better than tinted moisturizers, but in reality, I think they're about on the same level.  I received the shade "Light/Medium", which is the lightest shade of the two shades offered.  I do think it's a little dark for me, but I'm just super pale.  It's supposed to be self-adjusting, so maybe it'll match me better once I get a little more sun.  Other than that, I think it offers good coverage, and I always love SPF.

LIFESTYLE EXTRA:
Hail Merry Chocolate Macaroons: "It tastes too good to be true: These decadent treats are raw, vegan, gluten-free, and made with only natural, non-GMO ingredients." Full-size $5, Sample size $1.26
These were...interesting.  They weren't what I thought a typical macaroon is like; they were more like little organic brownie chunks with a lot of coconut.  They definitely tasted "healthy", if you know what I mean.  I probably wouldn't buy them again on my own, but they were neat to try out.

ALSO, because this box was a partnership with Women's Health Magazine, every box included a card with a free year's subscription to the magazine, exclusively for Birchbox subscribers. Worth $9.99, this subscription by itself pays for this month's box. I'll definitely be mailing this in soon!

So, my Birchbox for April is worth $43.48. Very nice! Definitely mostly because of the eye cream and magazine subscription, but I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment